How to issue a residence permit in Ukraine to citizens from Georgia?
Georgian citizens are interested in obtaining a residence permit. The reasons for this are different – work, business, family or relatives who need regular visits. In order to obtain a residence permit in Ukraine citizens of Georgia, you should know some features.
Residence permit in the Ukrainian state is of two types: permanent and temporary. In the first case, submitted to Georgia receives a certificate that confirms its right to temporary residence (otherwise residence permit). The document of this kind is issued for a period of one year, after which it requires extension. Temporary residence permit in Ukraine is beneficial for Georgian citizens in the following cases:
- permanent work on the territory of Ukraine;
- study in Ukrainian educational institution;
- doing business that requires a permanent presence in Ukraine;
- in case of marriage with a citizen of Ukraine or a person who already has a residence permit.
Note that in the latter case, temporary stay in a country with a permanent extension may not be enough. Therefore, a residence permit can be a step towards obtaining citizenship or permanent residence.
The residence permit to citizens of Georgia
Permanent residence permit (otherwise – permanent residence) allows you to stay on the territory of Ukraine for much longer. Until recently, the certificate of permanent residence was issued for an indefinite period, subject to confirmation only in 25 and 45 years, as an internal passport. However, in 2018, changes made to the legislation oblige persons with permanent residence status to extend it every 10 years. In case of non-renewal, the permit is automatically revoked.
To obtain the status of permanent resident in Ukraine, a citizen of Georgia must first have an immigration permit. It can be provided on a quota or be issued in excess of it in some cases at the discretion of the migration service. Anyway, the law provides for obtaining an immigration permit in such cases:
- If a citizen of Georgia has relatives of the first category of kinship, for example, grandmothers, brothers or children who have Ukrainian citizenship.
- By right of territorial origin. This option is convenient for those Georgians who have relatives permanently lived on the territory of Ukraine before its secession from the USSR.
- If the spouse or children of the applicant are citizens of Ukraine or persons with permanent residence permit.
This status is well suited for those who plan to live in Ukraine for a long time, but are not going to give up Georgian citizenship.
Passport service in Kharkiv – KH-PASSPORT, provides assistance in migration issues, such as obtaining a permanent residence permit in Ukraine (residence permit) and a full range of other legal услуг.www.kh-passport.com/”>Passport service in Kharkiv – KH-PASSPORT, provides assistance in migration matters, such as obtaining a permanent residence permit in Ukraine (permit) and a full range of other legal services.